Guide to Setting Up Google Analytics for Website or App
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that allows you to measure and analyse the performance of your website, app, or online marketing campaigns.
It can help you understand how users interact with your content, what channels drive the most traffic, and what actions lead to conversions.
In this blog post, we will show you how to set up Google Analytics on your website in a few simple steps.
Set Up Data Analytics for the First Time
Step 1: Create a Google Analytics account
To use Google Analytics, you need to have a Google account. Create a Google account if you don’t have one yet. Then, sign in to Google Analytics and create a new account for your website.
Enter an account name and configure the data-sharing settings to control which data you share with Google.
Step 2: Create a New Google Analytics Property
Provide a name for your property and choose the reporting time zone and currency.
Step 3: Add Information about Your Business
Select your industry category and business size. Then choose the options applicable to you in the section “How do you intend to use Google Analytics with your business”.
Then, click Create and agree to the Terms of Service and the Data Processing Amendment
Step 4: Add a Data Stream
The next step is to add a data stream. You can add a data stream for IOS, Android apps, or Web.
For IOS and Android, follow the steps below.
- Provide the iOS bundle ID or Android package name and the app name. For iOS, include the App Store ID, then click the Register app button.
- Click next and follow the instructions to download config files for your app.
- Click next to add the Google Analytics for Firebase SDK to your app. Follow the steps on your screen.
- Click next.
- Run your app to confirm the successful installation of the SDK and ensure that the app is effectively communicating with Google servers.
- Click Finish.
Here are the steps for adding a data stream for the Web.
- Enter the URL of your website and provide a stream name.
- Based on your preference, enable or disable enhanced measurement. This feature automatically collects page views and other events.
- Click Create Stream.
Step 5: Set up data collection for websites
Add the Google tag using Google Tag Manager via your website builder to set up data collection for your website and begin seeing your data. Or you can add the tag directly to your web pages.
Google Analytics is an indispensable tool to analyse and measure the performance of websites and apps. By following the steps above, you can easily set up Google Analytics and gather valuable business data.